Written by Administrator
Check out these tips for preventing household pests, pest infestations and the potentially dangerous health and property threats they pose. Find out how to prevent bugs and rodents from entering your home, how to avoid outdoor insects like mosquitoes and bees and how to protect your family and property from disease and property damage.
- Inspect luggage after a trip before bringing into the house to ensure there are not pests in the baggage.
- Keep tree branches and shrubbery well trimmed and away from the house.
- Keep basements, attics, and crawl spaces well ventilated and dry.
- Keep gutters free of debris, especially in the fall.
- Seal cracks and holes on the outside of the home including entry points for utilities and pipes.
- Store garbage in sealed containers and dispose of it regularly.
- Repair fascia and sofits and rotted roof shingles; some insects are drawn to deteriorating wood.
- Replace weather-stripping and repair loose mortar around basement foundation and windows.
- Store fire wood at least 20 feet away from the house and five inches off the ground.
- Call a Big Time Pest Control for additional advice and treatment if necessary.