Bed Bug Detection & Control
Our Bed Bug Detecting Dogs
Please Welcome Bugsby and Radar to the Big Time Pest Control Team. Bugsby and Radar are specially trained Bed Bug Detection Dogs. If you would like to find out more about having your home or business certified Bed Bug Free give us a call.
Rest assured that your home is now bed bug free, with Big Time Pest Control’s unique TRIPLE VERIFICATION CANINE BED BUG DETECTION PROCESS.
Why you need a bed bug Exterminator
(A few bed bug facts)
- 1 in 5 people you know have encountered or know someone who has been in contact with bed bugs.
- Most Americans are concerned about bed bugs and believe that infestations in the United States are increasing.
- Here is the percentage of people concerned about encountering bed bugs in public places:
- Nearly 80% at hotels
- 52 % on public transportation.
- 49% in movie theaters
- 44% in retail stores
- 40% in medical facilities
- 36% in their own homes
- 32% equally pointed to places of employment and friends’ homes.
- Mainly, the fear of getting bitten topped the list of concerns.
- Bed bugs were once thought to be eradicated in the United States. However, they have undergone a dramatic resurgence, and worldwide there are reports of increasing numbers of infestations.
- Bed bug bites can leave itchy, bloody welts on the skin and can cause allergic reactions, such as severe itching. Bites are painless; however, their toxic saliva is what causes the itchy welts.
- They have not been demonstrated to transmit any human diseases.
- The mouthparts of bed bugs are specially adapted for piercing skins and sucking blood. Like most sucking arthropods, they inject saliva during feeding, which has an anticoagulant property.
- They respond to warmth and carbon dioxide of the host and quickly locate a suitable feeding site.
- They tend not to live on humans and the only contact is for a blood meal.
- Most blood feeding occurs at night, and they generally seek shelter during the day and become inactive while digesting the blood meal.
- Bed bugs hide in a variety of locations, mostly close to where people sleep. This includes in cracks and crevices, mattress seams, sheets, furniture, behind baseboards, electrical outlet plates, and picture frames. They are often in hotel rooms, where they can travel from room to room.
- Early detection is key in bed bug control and or prevention. Early detection can save you thousands of dollars. They can damage couches, mattresses, bed frames, night stands, dresses, and much more with fecal matter and eggs. If these infestations are left undetected or uncontrolled, they can leave you no choice but to throw away furniture and other items.
Bed Bug Control Services
Get rid of your bedbugs with Big Time Pest Control’s unique triple verification K-9 detection process. We can obtain up to 97% accuracy at detecting a bed bug infestation.