Cockroach Control in Northern California
We take exterminating cockroaches around your home and business very seriously. As a homeowner seeing these evasive critters scurry out of sight as soon as you switch a light on in the room can be so unnerving. As a business owner (especially restaurants), well, they can actually ruin your business and send your clientele away to never come back. Save your business the embarrassment and save your family from your roach infestation and call Big Time today to come and get rid of your roaches.
Get a Free Estimate
Health Dangers of Roaches in Your Home
Besides just being disgusting to deal with, German cockroaches can cause other problems other than just being a gross inconvenience. Let’s take a look at some of the ways that German cockroaches can affect your health:
- They contaminate your food: German cockroaches eat almost anything and everything. They will eat food that has been leftover in the kitchen sink or even left open in your kitchen. Besides making a meal of your food, they will also walk all over your food, shed their skin, drop their eggs, and even leave behind their feces.
- They transmit diseases: A certain type of bacteria (Pseudomonas aeruginosa) that is known to cause urinary tract infections and digestive problems multiplies rapidly in the gut of German cockroaches. They regurgitate their saliva while digesting food and use this bacteria to aid in the digestion of food, thus transmitting it to your food and potentially causing you a chance to get infected.
- They trigger allergies: As cockroaches scurry about your home, they tend to drop parts of their body that easily become airborne along with dust in your home. Known as "cockroach allergens," they are a major contributor of issues such as asthma, allergies and a vast array of breathing difficulties. Some of the symptoms that may be associated with exposure to cockroach allergens include wheezing, coughing, chest tightness, respiratory symptoms that don't go away, and a skin rash.
These are only a few of the many reasons why it's important to make sure all cockroach problems in your home are addressed fast. If you are tired of dealing with an infestation that just won't budge, let our roach exterminators help today.
Common Cockroaches in Northern California
Throughout the world, there are approximately 69 different types of cockroaches that are commonly treated by pest management professionals. In the United States, there are a number of different types that exist but there are four primary types that are seen in Northern California and elsewhere across the nation. Understanding what type of roach has invaded your home can make a difference in the prevention measures that are taken.
Where Do Cockroaches Hide?
Typically, you only see one cockroach at a time, usually when they're scurrying around. But if there is a true infestation, you may find cockroaches in:
- The kitchen, especially in the pantry and in cabinets.
- Appliances, such as the dishwasher or toaster, as they feed on the crumbs.
- Sinks and bathtubs, especially the bathtub as there's warm water.
- Bookshelves, as cockroaches also feed on books.
- In between couch cushions, also feeding on crumbs.
- The ceiling, more likely in basements than bedrooms, but anywhere is possible.
How to Prevent Cockroaches
A number of preventative measures can also be taken by homeowners to ensure that their household is roach-free consistently. These items are above and beyond what may be offered by a pest control company, and they work in conjunction with our regular pest control services.
- Clean your home clean.
- Keep lids on stored food.
- Mop up water puddles.
- Fix leaking pipes.
- Keep your home's temperature low.
- Keep a dehumidifier in damp rooms.
- Seal off potential entryways with caulk.
- Replace window screens as needed.
The Best Pest Control in California
Big Time Pest Control has been providing the best pest control to California homeowners since 2001. We proudly service the following areas: