How To Get Rid Of Rats in Your Home
Mice and rats can be a huge nuisance, invading your home and causing all sorts of damage. They can also carry diseases that can be harmful to humans. If you are having a problem with rodents, it is important to take action quickly. Here are some proven methods for getting rid of rodents in your California home!
Deter Rodents From Your Home
It is important to deter rodents from your home in the first place if possible. Make sure to block all potential entry points like holes and cracks, especially in your foundation and around windows and doors. Keep food sealed tightly in containers and dispose of garbage regularly. Eliminate clutter such as piles of old newspapers or boxes that could provide shelter for rodents.
How To Get Rid of Rodents
If rodents have already invaded your home, there are a few methods for getting rid of them:
- Traditional snap traps are one option, baited with foods such as peanut butter or cheese.
- Electronic traps may also be used, which deliver an electric shock to the rodent and then trap it so you can dispose of it safely outdoors.
- You can also use bait stations that contain poison or “rodenticides”, which kills the rodent after it eats it.
- You can use a live trap which are non-lethal traps that catch the rodent alive and allow you to release it back into its natural habitat.
- Get professional rodent control from your local exterminator.
Home Remedies To Get Rid of Mice
There are a few home remedies to get rid of mice in your home. One of the most popular is to use a combination of peppermint oil and Pine-Sol. Peppermint oil has a strong odor that mice cannot stand, so spraying it around affected areas can help deter them from entering your home or nesting in furniture and walls. To make a more effective deterrent, mix two parts water with one part Pine-Sol and add 10-20 drops of peppermint oil. The strong odor of the Pine-Sol and the minty scent of the peppermint oil can help mask other scents that could attract mice, while also keeping them away.
Professional Rodent Control
If homemade methods are not getting rid of rodents in your home, it may be time to call a professional. Professional rodent control services will come to your home and inspect all rooms, closets, and other areas where mice might be hiding. They can then provide an estimate for the cost of removal and extermination as well as any other necessary repairs or treatments that may be needed. They can also advise you on how to prevent future infestations and keep your home rodent-free. Contact your local rodent professionals at Big Time Pest Control!