Spider Control in Northern California
Even though most of the commonly known spiders are not considered to be a real health threat or fatal, they can cause a diversity of annoying and painful issues if you or someone else in your home is ever bitten. That's where Big Time comes in for effective spider control in Northern California.
Although spiders may not be welcome in most homes, they are actually beneficial in most cases. Spiders eat other insects, including other arthropods, so they may actually help to keep your home clear of more serious problems, including mites and ticks.
Get a Free Estimate
Common Spider Species in Northern California
Almost any type of spider may find its way into your home, but some of the more common spiders in Northern California are:
- Wolf spiders
- Cellar spiders
- Hobo spiders
- Funnel-web spiders
- Black Widow spiders
Poisonous Spider Control
Although it is true that some species of spiders can be poisonous, most are not going to cause any difficulties for others in the household. In Northern California, however, there are a few poisonous spiders, including the Black Widow, which is considered to be one of the most venomous spiders in North America. Generally, Black Widows like to be left alone and can be found hiding in woodpiles, around trash cans, and outdoor sheds around the house.
If a spider does bite you, you can expect to see the place that you were bitten with an appearance of red from the irritation, itchy from the small venom that was left or it may be infected if it is left untreated. Make sure to seek medical attention right away.
It is possible to control a problem with spiders in and around the home, but it often requires professional management from a pest control company. Some of the tips for spider control around your home include:
- Use Sealant Around Windows—Use seal or caulk to prevent spiders from entering the smallest cracks and crevices they enter through.
- Install Proper Window Treatments—Make sure the screens are snug-fitting on both windows and doors.
- Eliminate Other Pests—Since spiders feed on dead carcasses of other small insects, make sure your home is pest-free by having recurring pest control services.
- Get Rid of Spider Webs—The easiest way to eliminate spiders is by removing their homes, the webs. This can be done through vacuuming or window sweeping.
Spiders are everywhere. It has been estimated that you are never more than 10 feet away from a spider at any given time. As the weather changes throughout the year, when it starts to get colder or when water supplies begin to dry up, you tend to find them indoors more frequently.
Spiders can typically be found in:
- Ceiling corners.
- Pantries or closets, both indoors and outdoors.
- Basements and attics.
- Under porches or in crawl spaces.
- Anywhere dark and less frequented.
Spiders get into your house in two ways: through openings like windows, doors, as well as through gaps and cracks in the house; and when it is brought in accidentally through boxes and other outdoor items. They are usually in search of prey.
The Best Pest Control in California
Big Time Pest Control has been providing the best pest control to California homeowners since 2001. We proudly service the following areas: